Subject: [Leica] Bummed out...
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:16:03 -0500

I'm really bummed out. I have a M3 that has been a favorite and well
used until I got a M6 recently. My M3 jammed about two years ago in
Europe and while waiting 6 months for Leitz, NJ to repair it and give a
CLA, I switched to my N* stuff. After receiving my M3 back from Leitz, I
used it lightly and took it to Ireland on another trip. There a screw
let loose in the shutter compartment and of course things were locked up
again. While waiting again for months for Leitz to put a screw back in I
purchased my M6. After a couple of test rolls the M3 again saw very
light duty while I concentrated on the M6 and the F100 I bought while
waiting for NJ to get off it's duff.

Tonight I was setting up for some after dark street photography and was
again. It advanced one frame for loading and locked solid. No play in
the "soft" release - just like a solid block of steel.

Now what to do... no faith in Leitz. $$$'s invested and a non working
dream machine.

Any idea what the independents charge for repairs in relationship to
Leitz. Do I keep forcing this camera down NJ's throat till they get it
right. I'm probably beyond any warranty date, but.... grrrrrr...

Probably my fault for not using it more, but you'd think you should be
able to trust the pro's in NJ. My skin is tough. Flame away.

Suggestions please... BTW I'm not bummed enough to pack it up and send
it to the first person who offers to take it off my hand.

Could someone post me with Sheri and Don's contact info.

Regards,
Roger
rlbunting@ameritech.net

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Bummed out...)