Subject: Re: [Leica] 50's big and small
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:07:44 -0700

Guy Bennett wrote:

> >Me too, I've got the Summicron with the special removable lens shade :) and my
> >wife has the new Chrome Elmar.
> >markwr
>
> mark,
>
> tell me more about the lens shade...
>
> guy

It's just the previous version. Some people are now becoming less fond of the
built in sliding lens shades. The one on the 50 reversed back and was stored
over the lens and had peekabo hole for use in the finder. There was a metal
version too from the same mold i think.
Anyway I'll be getting some shades from B+W or Heliopan or somewhere to put over
my other lenes with sliding shades. They'll then take up a tad more room in the
camera case but will be MUCH better protected.
Also this Monday when my Rolleiflex hit the pavement while on the tripod the
lens shade took the fall. I'll just get another one. The camera seems perfect.
Lens shades are like air bags.
Markwr

Message from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] 50's big and small)