Subject: Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:28:01 -0400

Well, the Contax N1 is going to be a fantastic camera from what I've
read.  I have a Contax 645 and it will have several of its features, and
can use the 645 lenses in full automatic-all mode with an adaptor.  I
also have an older Nikon 8008s and several lenses and appreciate its
features too. But even the latest Nikon bodies don't have all the
features the Contax will have.  I think the CZ lenses would also be
better than most of the Nikon lenses -- but there aren't as many
available.

Switching systems is a painful experience, from what I've heard.  But I
will be considering selling my Nikon stuff and going with the Contax N1
at some point.  Would be interested in what you finally decide to do!

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Rodinal 1:100)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses)
Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses)