Subject: [Leica] left or right...
From: "Duane Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 14:24:53 -0500

I've been told that when one closes one eye, it causes slight strain to the
other....   That's why when you set the diopter adjustment on binoculars you
should cover one eye instead of closing it and why your eye doctor gives you
a "spoon" to cover your other eye when doing eye exams.

Because I like to keep both eyes open while shooting....   I use my left
eye.... so my right eye's field of view is blocked by the camera....  Yes my
nose gets in the way and the advance lever scratches the right lens of my
glasses and I do lower the camera a bit from the eye when advancing....  but
it's easier for me to concentrate on composition, the subject and getting
the moment if only one eye is seeing what is going on.  I can shoot all day
without eye strain as well.

I will be interested to hear the new M motor... as it may be a great
solution for me.  If not... I'll probably break down and buy a rapidwinder.

Duane