Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 28/2 ASPH with Miniwinder
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 00:36:44 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> Actually, my initial euphoric reaction to the 2.0/28mm is a bit tempered by the
> fact that I already have the 2.8/24mm and the 1.4/35mm (the latter is my most
> frequently used lens). So it is unlikely that I would add the 28mm to this
> outfit, unless I were to sell some of my existing lenses, which I do not see
> myself doing.
>
><Snip>

People thinking about using a 28 1.4D on a Nikon as a low light superoutfit will
think twice now.
A 28 F2 on a Leica M6 rangefinder with new miniwinder will prove to me a far
more awesome tool.

As far as our Leica M lens lineup goes it:
May turn out WHAT you can squeeze off at 1/30th with the 1.4/35mm is what you
can also squeeze off at 1/15th with the 2.0/28mm but with even more depth of
field and get more of the room in the shot.
MIGHT turn out to be as much of a useful low light indoor shooting tool as the 1.4/35mm!

While the 2.8 on the 24 might feel like a deterrent especially in comparison to
the other lenses.

The 24 is an OK but not great lens for indoors low light because 2.8 is a tad
slow for the porpoise.
So the 2.0/28mm just might turn out to be the shining jewel in the new Leica
2001 crown jewels with the new miniwinder to help squeeze the shots off
effortlessly with.
An awesome low light tool.

Mark William Rabiner
:)