Subject: [Leica] Leica on the Cover
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:39:39 -0400

Lugger:

My new book on Mackinac Island will be out this fall. I used several
cameras including Canon EOS and various lenses, Mamiya 6s and three
lenses, Sylvestri and Arca Swiss medium format cameras with Schneider
and Fuji lenses, and of course, Leica Ms. From the more than 400
slides and transparencies that made the final cut, the publisher has
chosen a cover image made with a 35 Summicron.

The photograph is particularly interesting because I made the picture
while riding my bicycle with all of my cameras packed. My M4-P was in
my front bag, which I unzipped while riding to remove the camera. I
guessed the exposure (250@2.8) and tab focused, squeezing off three
frames while I rode.

It's a great image, which for all of the action it took to make,
reflects a serene Mackinac Island setting of a horse carriage riding
into a canopy of trees (there are no motorized vehicles on the
island).

Another Leica Moment.

Tom
Thomas Kachadurian