Subject: Re: OT: Nachtwey (was [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:55:57 -0700

><Snip>
> " We had a few amiable lunches before negotiations broke down: I wanted to
> go into the field with him; he couldn't overcome his reluctance to have
> someone tailing him. What I didn't understand then, and do now, is how
> private he wants his experience of these public catastrophes to be. "
>
> RH

Private? How poignant!
He doesn't want some damn reporter from the Village Voice tagging along after him.
Is his experience private like some weird ritual or rite?
Is this guy shooting one of this fellow monks in the monastery?
No he just doesn't want some reporter along with him.
Especially a guy would say something dumb like this was an issue of privacy.
Privacy would not QUITE be the word.
Natchwey is right in the middle of IT. A weird spin to call this some kind of
private thing and make it sound kinda perverse! That's why you don't want guys
like that around!
The  Village Voice! They would have a clear understanding of where a guy like
Natchwey is coming from. Shooing the atrocities in Greenwitch Village!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: OT: Nachtwey (was [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery)
Message from "Rob Heyman" <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: OT: Nachtwey (was [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery)