Subject: Re: [Leica] gizto monopod repair ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:10:19 -0700

Frank Filippone wrote:

> A friend sent his 320 into Gitzo for repair of basically loose fit parts....
> His bill was $100+ to fix it...... they claimed this was wear and tear and
> not manufacturing defect related....
>
> So much for lifetime repair warranty from Gitzo!
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

beat ya!
My  224 reporter industry was sent in five years ago for an overhaul and ended
up costing closer to an amazing $200!!!!
They did replace quite a few leg sections though. It had survived a Vespa
accident in 1981.
But that was darn close to what I paid for the thing in the first place.
Mark William Rabiner