Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm Finder with 21mm Elmarit
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:09:45 -0700

Ken Lai wrote:

> Has anyone used the 24mm finder with the 21mm Elmarit? Does it cover enough
> of the 21mm view at infinity and at 2 meters? I have the 24mm lens and
> finder already but is thinking of getting the 21 as well but (i) I do not
> want to spend 300 dollars on another finder and (ii) I don't want to keep
> swapping finders.<<<<<<<<<<

H Ken,

I don't blame you not wanting to change viewfinders and at $300 it isn't
worth it.  Besides switching them will undoubtedly lead to dropping one
and smashing it!.

All you do with the 24 and the 21, is to know you're going to be wider
than what you see in the 24 finder.  After a few rolls you'll have the
guesstimation of how much wider down pat!

You'll be $300 to the good for film or a couple bottles of good single
malt scotch!  ;-) or both!

Hell, who shoots so tight with any viewfinder on an M6 they expect to
have the identical image recorded on the film! The closest you can get
to that is using an SLR.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant