Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Service Update
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:26:13 -0400

on 29/8/00 4:04 pm, AppleMac97@aol.com at AppleMac97@aol.com wrote:

> Some time ago I reported that my brand new Leica M6 TTL's shutter jammed
> after only a couple of months of use.  Leica USA repaired it under warranty,
> and I had it back about five weeks after I had mailed it to them.  Well, I
> got a letter from Brenda Olesin@Leica USA today apologizing for the delay and
> stating that they were going to extend my 3-year USA Passport Warranty by 90
> days because of it.  Not bad!

Wow, five weeks for a warranty repair on a brand new item? I'd be beyond
furious, never mind the 90 day extension. Totally, totally unacceptable.
Anything longer than a week would have me jumping up and down.

Think about it this way: if you'd bought the same item secondhand from any
kind of decent store, they would have shipped it straight off to a local
repair guy who'd have fixed it in days.

 Now I remember why I never concern myself about manufacturers' warranties.
How much are they really worth if you're without the equipment for five
weeks? What are you supposed to do in the meantime?

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Leica Service Update)