Subject: Re: [Leica] Value of test reports/Psychology of Leica owners
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:09:49 GMT

About every 2 months or so the LUG get's into this same, painful discussion.
  The real reason so many in the group don't believe in technical testing is
that these tests don't give Leica the kind of overwhelming advantages that
those money bled buyers felt they paid for.  Yes, they are better.  But
these folks want a full slam dunk, which is just not going to happen...ever.

Few groups on earth have more trouble with buyers remorse than Leica owners,
with the possible exception of Rolls Royce drivers.  We are a group of
people who achieved our adolescent day-dreams too soon.  Once we have the
thing we desired we spend the rest of our lives wondering why it did not
bring instant and permanent gratification to our life.  Are we trying to
convince others of the logic of a $2000.00 35mm lens, or ourselves.

A hint to "test bashers" to make your lives easier.  Use test information as
a guidepost in making your own buying decisions, but don't expect it to
"justify" an expense, monetary or emotional.
A Leica or any other luxury purchase is as much emotion as logic.  Lets
respect both sides.

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI