Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nukeh
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:04:41 +0800

on 27/8/00 3:21 PM, Lin, Weifu at wflin@tp.silkera.net wrote:

> These Japanese magazines also publish hundreds of photos, which were
> submitted by the readers every month. That monthly contest shows
> some very interested point of view of photography. That is also very
> rare in the western magazines I have read.

You are quite right - many of the western mags have quite dreadful photos
throughout each edition. Typically there is a stock photo of some scantily
clad woman on the front and lots of boring drivel provided by underpaid
hacks on the inside. They are usually critical of price vs features of the
latest equipment but not much else...

Mind you they are usually cheap compared to the Japanese mags which are
usually beautifully printed and have portfolios by very accomplished
photographers...if only there were more such!

Bests

Adrian