Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh Nokeh
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:13:57 -0700

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/26/00 6:09:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:
>
> << The fact that HCB was both a formalist as well as a grab shot artist
>  simultaneously makes him for me an unmatchable enigma.
>  Mark William Rabiner >>
>
> A couple of months ago, I saw Charlie Rose interview M. CB for 90 minutes.
> He corrected Charlie every time Charlie referred to him as a photographer,
> denying outright that he was or ever had been a photographer, but rather an
> artist.  Whenever the interviewer attempted to classify or explore his
> beliefs or his work in any other way, CB responded that he was and always had
> been an anarchist.  Rose ultimately gave up and began to show the artist a
> series of his photographs.
> CB was content to talk about the subjects and how he happened to capture
> them, as well as the work of colleagues he admired, particularly Robert Capa.
>  When asked how he worked, CB mimed the act of taking a picture of Mr. Rose.
> At the end, CB suggested they open a bottle of wine, which the interview was
> delighted to do.  Now where in all this do you find anything enigmatic?
>
> Joe Sobel

Oh so now you don't like HCB! I thought you liked him!
Are we talking about his photography or his behavior with interviewers?
Brando has nothing for destain for any discussion of acting and appears to have
no respect for the craft. Like HCB he also stands on the pinnacle of his craft.
I'm sure there are other examples.
Some things are just too easy for some people and they get bored fast with it.
Geniuses.
Their legacy is not what they say but their body of work.
Markwr