Subject: RE: [Leica] Hexar Heart Stoppage
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:05:01 -0700

I don't have an RF, but an M4 I had back in the '70s dropped a 50 Summilux
on the pavement just like that.  I believe it was carrying the camera over
my shoulder and under my arm that did it - my elbow may have popped the
button.  My lens needed to have the bayonet flanges machined cause it landed
on its butt.  Maybe an adventurous Leica repair person (DAG, Sherry,
Reinhold et. al.) could get into the release mechanism and fiddle up the
spring tension.

Paul