Subject: Re: [Leica] M6-Film transport/Rewind Problems
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:08:33 -0700 (PDT)

John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com> wrote:

> Your film/leader should look EXACTLY like it does on the bottom of
the
> inside of the camera. It's a real no brainer. If you try to 'improve'
> on this in any way, guaranteed disaster.

Ditto.  Soon after I joined the LUG, somebody made the comment to
trust the Leica engineers knew what they were doing.  Just pull out
the film and drop it in the bottom, put the bottom on, and start
winding slowly.  Watch the rewind crank to make sure you did it
correctly.  I've had far fewer problems since I starting "doing it by
faith" rather than pushing the film down and looking at the open back
to make sure the film was in the right place.  I'd advance the film
before putting on the bottom...just to make sure it was catching.

Now, I just let it slide in there, pull out the film just like the
diagram shows, and have faith that the Leica engineers are smarter
than me.  And it works perfectly.  The last time I misloaded a roll
was when I was trying to hard not to misload.