Subject: Re: [Leica] Value of test reports?
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:10:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/00 5:01:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com writes:

<< How would you make up your mind if you were me, and wanted to spend all
your
 time using lenses and not testing them?

As Duke Ellington is quoted, with regard to music, "If it sounds good, it is
good."
The same applies to the results obtained using a lens under given
circumstances.  If it works for you, enjoy it.  If not, try something else.
Every photographer has particular needs at different times, along with
resources available, in terms of both time and finances.  Every time a new
film comes along, a new paper, developer or technique, we have new
opportunities to improve what we do.  Lenses neither exist nor are employed
in a photographic vacuum.  So feel free to go right ahead and spend all your
time being a photographer.  There are plenty of others who enjoy the
particular challenge of exploring the capabilities of lenses through testing.
 Let them enrich your experience by sharing theirs.  As for us non-testers,
if the photo looks good, it is good.

Joe Sobel