Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica/Minolta
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:44:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2000 4:04:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sdmp007@pressroom.com writes:

<<   As for "Why Minolta?" I suggest reading Emil Keller's books about  E.
 Leitz GmbH. He has a chapter devoted to the Leitz/Minolta cooperation.
 Happy Snapping, >>
I own and use lensesmade by Minolta and Sigma under the Leica banner and have
found them to be quite good. Although the 28-70 zoom has been mentioned
negatively here, I have taken color photos with that lens and the R prime
lenses at 28,35,50 and 90 and found that contrast and detail with the zoom
lens was as good as the primes wide open. It is a bargain for a travel zoom.
Bob Figlio