Subject: Re: [Leica] Why Minolta?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:52:21 -0400

Which ones don't?  It is true that Minolta makes a slew of budget minded
consumer oriented lenses (as do Nikon and Canon etc.), but their "serious"
lenses (such as the 100/2.8 macro, the 200/2.8 APO, all their 50s, their
85/1.4 etc., etc.) are excellent lenses, and if they are less than Leica
equivalents, it will only be apparent under the most exacting test
conditions.  For instance, part from it propensity to flare (but manageble
with my 100% viewfinder in my 9),  I can't distinguish my Minolta 50 from
my 50 Summilux-M.

In fact, I have some test pics taklen with my minolta 50, my Summilux 50
and my DR 50.  I will rescan them using Vuescan to try and get identical
scans, and post them.. you pick out the Minolta, if you can.  Give me a day
or two to find the negatives.

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from "Bob Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Why Minolta?)
Message from Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de> (Re: [Leica] Why Minolta?)