Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4 or Summicron-R 50mm f/2?
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:17:43 -0400

The different between f/1.4 and f/2 is not important for me. But, which one
have better optical quality?
Terry Sham

	--> It seems the NEW Summilux-R f/1.4 is outstanding.
	But why pay so much more when the Summicron-R
	is a Summicron and the Leica-R best value ?

	--> The money you save could bring you closer to a
	second lens that would round out your photo system,
	like a 28mm or a used 90mm, reputed to be excellent
	(I'm wide-angle oriented.) Possibly pre-owned.

	--> Have you considered the Summicron-R 35mm ?
	Some people live by it. (I didn't dare write "swear"
	by it in case it could be seen as an implicit negative
	remark).

	Andre Jean Quintal