Subject: Re: [Leica] Vs: [Leica] Voigtländer Bessa-R ad
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:29:13 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, but putting Germany in white letters on a camera made in Japan - and
with the Japan part marked in much smaller letters  (which itself may not
be completely true) looks a lot like deceptive sales practices under the
Lanham Act, which provides a civil remedy for making deceptive statements
about the origin of one's own goods or the goods of others.

So theoretically, assuming all of the jurisdiction problems could be
solved, the other German companies (whichever one or ones are really still
German) could get Cosina into court for using such a designation (or, the
since 1756 statement).

Cheers
Dante Stella