Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic]
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:44:46 -0700

Ken Iisaka wrote:
> outfit in downtown Ottawa for a short while when Mulroney was in the office.
> The Prime Minister Office was among the biggest account, and it brought in a
> significant amount of business.  So big was their business that they had
> their own shelf in the back of the store for the stuff to be picked up.<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ken,
Now there was a wild one with the use of pictures, man he used them for
stroking every person he shook hands with by sending them signed
complimentary colour prints. I only had contact with him during
pre-election shoots at about 6 weeks at a time, plus the election
campaign on the road for campaign posters both in '84 & '88, but he was
something else.

A side note to the '88 campaign,  Sal di Marco asked me to take his
picture with  Mulroney while we were flying back to Ottawa the day after
the election.

Much of the picture taking by his personal shooters were the usual "out
front" kind and very little of the access I had with Mr. Stanfield and
Joe Clark.  I heard the stories about the "how many photo albums a
month" he collected and no one wants to hear about the cost, as it would
only add to my complete dislike of the man!

ted

Message from Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM [Off-topic])
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic])
Message from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic])