Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic]
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:45:35 -0700

> ted grant  wrote:
>
> However, my stint with Mr. Stanfield and in particular Joe Clark,
> produced a very extensive behind the scenes look of men in the highest
> office of the country now in the files of the National Archives of Canada.
>
> It's my understanding from Archives,  the coverage of Joe Clark is the
> most in-depth ever done on a political official.  Fortunately I had
> access to both his home life and every day operation on the political
> side, whether on the road or offices on Parliament Hill.
>
> Mine was a very unique situation that has never been given to any other
> photographer I know of in Canada.
>
> There is also a B&W book on Joe Clark published in 1977, "Joe Clark, the
> Emerging Leader." published by Fitzhenry & Whiteside, out of print, that
> shows some of the material while I did my thing as a photojournalist.

A little irrelevent sidenote, but I worked at an 1 hour photofinishing
outfit in downtown Ottawa for a short while when Mulroney was in the office.
The Prime Minister Office was among the biggest account, and it brought in a
significant amount of business.  So big was their business that they had
their own shelf in the back of the store for the stuff to be picked up.

Ken Iisaka

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic])
Message from Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM [Off-topic])
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Ted Grant: Personal photographer to the PM[Off-topic])