Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Personal photographers
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:51:22 -0400

> This is why we have those amazing
> pictures of Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis,

Most of the pictures people think are from the Cuban Missile crisis are
not, they are from the Pittsburgh Steel strike...

> In any case, I think its very strange for photographers to complain when
> other photographers are being valued as professionals enough to earn a
> salary.

Er, no one was complaining about that.  My original issue was for the VP
having his own personal photographer, not with there being photographers on
staff at the White House.  I am all for having staff photographers at the
White House.