Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Tipper & Al Gore and M-cameras
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:35:58 -0500

>I'm sure with Gore running for president it's not a big stretch to
>assign one of the White House pool to him full time . . .
>
>Bob (enjoys presidential photography) McEowen

Also ya'll keep in mind that Callie Shell worked as a staff
photographer at the Nashville newspaper the TENNESSEAN, the same
paper Tipper was a staff photographer with...yes I said the same
paper Tipper was a staff photographer with, she did that in her pre
Al life.

Callie worked at the Tennessean for 4 or 5 years, I was working at
the Nashville Banner back then.  Both papers worked out of the same
building and there was only one color processor for both photo
staffs, an old Hope(less) e-6 line.  Callie worked at the Tennessean
and also worked with the NPPA setting up the flying short courses.
She went to the Pittsburgh Press, I think.  She worked as Gore's
personal photographer during his Presidential bids, then when he was
running as Clinton's veep.  Callie is a really nice person and an
excellent shooter.  I for one am glad at least the Gores kept old
friends in mind for the job...perhaps the ONLY thing I find admirable
about that man.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net