Subject: [Leica] using and abusing my M...
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 05:38:03 -0700 (PDT)

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:

> Any camera system requires some real use before judgements can me
made
> on them.  We don't judge a camera which sits on a shelf. They all dry
> out!

I've come quite a while in the scant few months I've had my Leica.  On
the drive home from buying it, I was actually paranoid somebody was
going to rear-end us.  My Leica was in the trunk because we made a
stop to pick up film.

Now, it's a tool.  We were at a little league baseball game last week
(sitting right behind the bench, of course).  Before the game, when
our team was headed back to the bench after warming up, I snuck up,
stuck out the camera into their running path, and snapped off a quick
shot.  My wife was aghast that I would place my precious Leica in such
peril.  :)

Oh, well...that's why I have insurance.  And my trusty yellow-green
filter to protect the lens!  <ducking>