Subject: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 02:04:03 +1000

What does lousy mechanics have to do with fabulous optics. I don't see the
similarity. Quite frankly the problems and statistics speak for themselves.

Wouldn't any person in this LUG get a bit worried if the vast majority of
items purchased were faulty at sale. What does that have to do with my
attitude,

*****  nothing would please me more than a working R body *****

If I am lucky 10% of the Leicas I have seen work or are not buggy. Isn't
that a bit on the low side ? Have you not ready the whole message, stop
kissing Solms butt. They need to be told that their cameras are not strong
enough for the money they charge. Is it unrealistic to expect more than what
I have experienced ?

After all, if my friends $500 M4, my old $40 Nikkormat can cut it, why
couldnt a $1,100 R7.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)