Subject: Re: [Leica] Why M is so popular?
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 16 Aug 2000 18:58:36 -0700

On Wed, 16 August 2000, "Terry Sham" wrote:

> Many people are using M. Many people want to buy M. Many books and magazines
> talk about M. Unfortunately, I want to buy a R. Why M is more pupular than
> R? Am I right to buy a R?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Terry Sham

Terry,

I'm an "R" kind of guy.  My normal lens is the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt.  I make photos of wildlife and some macro stuff.  R is right for me.  I'd love to use an M for family photos but duplicate systems is out of the question for me.  You have to decide whether the rangefinder or SLR viewing is best for your work.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.