Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: On the Nikon S3 &...leica rumors
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:07:48 -0400

Rich wrote:
> Incidentally, yesterday Leica faxed out a list of most of  what they are
> offering at Photokina this year...however it says on the fax that I'm not
> allowed to share it yet...so I will talk to them about how serious this
> restriction is.
>
> If I say nothing else, lets just say the rumors I heard from a
> semi-reliable
> source earlier this year are pretty much right on. Look back a
> week or two on
> the LUG archives. (There are a few other items that have been
> rumored that
> will be produced as well. )

- -----

I went back and fetched that msg.  Here it is again for all who are
interested....
Dan

- -----------------------------------
Subject: [Leica] leica rumor mill
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:38:40 EDT

I have heard from a semi-reliable Leica "mole" in Europe that amongst other
products we will see these two at Photokina this September. The first is not
too much of a surprise, but the second I believe is...

#1: A "Leica M6 TTL WM .58" - finder wide enough for 24mm. The "WM" is my
name for it, not from my source, for "wide magnification." I'm pretty sure
it
won't be called that in the long run. <g> The .58 finder is the "actual"
rumor...

#2: a limited edition of 4000 units of a "Null Series Leica." That is a
screw
mount body that Leica made between 30-34 depending on which book you read. I
believe it was the first commercial product made by Leica and thus a
suitable
millennium product... for the 2001 millennium croud that is.

I'm waiting for a confirmation that this will be a working camera, not just
an "attrape" for dealer display...but that is the first indication. The
finish, chrome and leather, and the price in the $2500 range...with a new
collapsible 50f2.0 Summicron.

None of these rumors are anything more than just that...rumors...but quite
fun despite their specious status. I guess we will know all too soon...

later,
Rich

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: On the Nikon S3 &...leica rumors)