Subject: [Leica] Re: On the Nikon S3 &...leica rumors
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:14:13 EDT

<<

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:45:13 -0500

From: dvcinc@swbell.net

Subject: [Leica] Re: On the Nikon S3

My local dealer showed me a communication from Nikon stating that 200 S3's
will be available in the US to Nikon Pro dealers only and no more than 1 per
dealer. MSRP with a lens in

around $6,100.

Yes, this is true. The production number of 7000 was complete b.s.

The price I don't remember the price being $6100...but that might be the
retail cost.

BTW, not ALL Nikon dealers will get even ONE, only those on the highest tier
from what I have heard.

Incidentally, yesterday Leica faxed out a list of most of  what they are
offering at Photokina this year...however it says on the fax that I'm not
allowed to share it yet...so I will talk to them about how serious this
restriction is.

If I say nothing else, lets just say the rumors I heard from a semi-reliable
source earlier this year are pretty much right on. Look back a week or two on
the LUG archives. (There are a few other items that have been rumored that
will be produced as well. )

Ok, here it is naysayers, I predict a VERY good year for Leica!

 Even better than last year...

later,
Rich (trying to climb a Nikon tier!) ;-)