Subject: Re: [Leica] Several topics
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:21:26 +0100

>The PlusX ended slightly behind the D100, grain was just visible, but
>acutance was very high, giving the pictures a high level of impact, which
>would be excellent at enlargements just till 10 times.
>DD-X is a classical BW developer and has no relationship to C41.

...lots of snipping.....

Erwin:

now that you have established that D100 is the best 35 mm black and white
silver based film (in your opinion, and btw, in mine too), which developer
is then the best for D100, again in your opinion. And, do you think it is
necessary to use several developer; e.g.,. one for portraits, one for cats
and one for architecture? If so, then why.

My impression of you is that what you do is based on logic and reasoning.
What then, led you to use DD-X? I haven't even considered using it because
the smallest pack costs twice as much as a 5 liter pack of Xtol or a half
liter bottle of Rodinal. Come to think of it, this is probably an illogical
way to reason. So how did you arrive at your decision?

Looking forward to seeing you at Photokina,

Chris

PS Do you agree that the best way to improve the performance of D100 is to
use a tripod?

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or