Subject: [Leica] Re: Vacation... lighten up, why digital?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:13:28 -0700

At 12:27 PM 8/13/00 -0700, pfang wrote:

>Overall, I would argue that this digital camera is
>certainly not a significant burden or cost to use.
>
>Just wait until Leica unleashes its first 6mp digital
>camera in a year or so...
>
>Peter

Interesting thought Peter as this certainly is a possibility. The 6MP
Philips sensor has fallen in price and increased in electrical performance.
Leica has been making their own digital cameras, the S1 - 25MP, for many
years and indeed has the technology and knowhow to do this. Designing and
building a consumer digital camera, as I can attest to, is certainly not
rocket science.

Jim