Subject: Re: [Leica] CONDEMN?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:20:45 -0700

><Snip>
> The best part about eBay as a free market is no one is forcing you to use
> it to buy or sell anything....like all Just systems, it is completely
> voluntary.
>
> Carpe Luminem,
> Michael E. Berube

Well I can't see how the people on this list can't see the contrast between when
people on this list used to sell stuff to each other and there was a feeling
that we all knew each other and the safety and level of honest and fair business
that implies and promotes. Later someone says "I'm using Tom's M3 and getting
shots just like Tom" or some such thing.

A url to Ebay is the opposite of that. "Welcome to the cold cruel world sucker."

There are people on our list here who's main concern for the list is their
unloading of continual Leica odds and ends, they may get sucked into certain
issues to post about but they are here to move merch.

The ebay of course has changed all that, they really don't need us
but the perspective on the propriety on the list gets quickly lost.

How dare we challenge anything that might in any way inhibit the moving of all
this Merch.?
It's an affront and slight on to the whole list.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org> (RE: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)
Message from "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN?)