Subject: [Leica] Erwin Puts'new book. A foretaste.
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:19:56 +0200

I had the great chance (and honor) to read an almost final
version of Erwin Puts new book.
(The Leica Lens Compendium will be available first during
the Photokina, in September.)

This will be the book that every Leica enthusiast will want
to have.
Definitively a keeper and a collectible.
You will find a report about (almost) every lens made by or
for Leitz/Leica since the Anastigmat  of 1925, with lens
diagram (some unknown until now), in the great Erwin tradition.

Chapter about the evolution of Leica lens with a lot of
information never found elsewhere before.
Information about optical design and aberrations, bokeh,
manufacture, serial number, production dates etc.
And a lot of other topics often discussed on the LUG/LEG.

I have to say that it was the first time that I learned so
much about Leica in a new book since a long long time.
And its the best researched book about Leica lens that I
ever read.
You will not find those information repeated without
verification that you can find in some other Leica books.

The Leica user and also the Leica lover (often the same)
will be equally happy with it.
Only those who prefer legend than facts will be less pleased
with the book.
;-)

I look forward to be at the Photokina to see the final
version with all its illustrations, and to discuss it with
my great friends.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: Erwin Puts'new book. A foretaste.)
Reply from "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Erwin Puts'new book. A foretaste.)