Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Vacation... lighten up
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:46:02 -0700

Tim Spragens wrote:

> > From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
> >
> > My best vacation advice is
> >  get the early morning light first
> >   THEN have breakfast
>
> But coffee first - not so much that you get the jitters and can't hold
> the (camera) body steady.

One cup of coffee,
good-by light, sip as you watch it slip away
bring thermos
spill coffee into camera bags
your lenses need to wake up too!
sip as you shoot!

I find it frustrating shooting extraordinary scenery in ordinary light.
They look like photo ops and I hate it when the posters they sell look better
than my shots.
NO wonder people show you their cameras before the show you their prints!
I'd rather shoot extraordinary scenery in extraordinary light!
That way i feel less guilty writing the whole thing off!
Extraordinary scenery in ordinary light is a vacation shot.
You might has well have the blurry foregrounds you get when you don't stop the
car and shoot through the side window.

But with great light you look like you went there to get a great shot and you
did. It becomes your real work. The evening light is great, morning light much
better. Take a siesta at noon.
Mark Rabiner