Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar vignetting help ...
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:37:50 GMT

Followed by grinding off the numbers on the distance scale, and
re-calibrating. "Oh, where'd that infinity go? Well, didn't really need it,
anyway."  :-)

Given the relative pitches of the mount and focusing threads, I'd say the
focus would move roughly twice the distance indicated by the scale's
movement relative to the body. But the lens would sit straight. :-)

I think removing the mount and realigning it is the better strategy. Also,
keeping stray fingers well back seems to help in many cases.

- --Michael