Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 13:23:48 -0400

I disagree (about that lens thing).   Slow film, tripod, and no one knows
or cares about the lens.  It just isn't very important to the vast majority
of people who look at photographs.  I realize that it IS very important to
many of the LUGers, but is becomming less and less so for me.  AFAIC, all
lens made since the 60s by any of the major camera companies (i'm familiar
with Minolta, Leica, and Nikon, and extrapolating to the others) are simply
sharp enough.  If I could mount my Minolta lenses on my M6, I'd do it in a
flash.

Dan C.

At 06:13 PM 08-08-00 +0100, Christer Almqvist wrote:

>Dan:
>
>first of  all you need a more modern lens.
>
>If you shoot slower film you need to open the lens up more than with a fast
>film, and modern lenses are needed to get sharp pix - whatever that is - at
>larger openings.
[snip]

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences)