Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:19:13 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:

> This has been my point (sometimes misunderstood) about Erwin's reports.
> Erwin is definitely able to find differences between lenses, and I have no
> argument with people who find those differences important, but I believe
> that many LUGers needlessly base their buying decisions in the belief that
> their photographs will be significantly better with the "better" lens.  I
> am convinced that most LUGers (certainly I include myself here) cannot
> distinguish a photograph taken with an older "poor" lens from one taken
> with the latest and greatest version, when viewing the print as it normally
> would be viewed.
>
> Dan C.

Some day though your going to think:
"maybe a big wall thing for over that sofa!"
and you'll have a large print done.
And your going to think "Gee that doesn't look as clear now that it's so big i
wonder if I had used that more modern lens....
or a tripod or slower film or a faster shutter speed or.......
I'd like that better?"
If you know for sure you are never going to blow up your 4x6's that why not just
go the point and shoot route?
Mark Rabiner
not trying to be overly abrasive, or at all abrasive for that matter.

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (RE: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences)