Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Some ideas for a new R
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:59:51 -0400

Hey, Jim...Lighten up. There are some pretty damn good, bright,
photographers who use top-of-the-line computerized Nikons and Canons and
take full advantage of all those cameras can do for them - AND use them on
manual when that makes the most sense.

You love Leica Ms and Rs. Great. I love Leica Ms and the Nikon F100. I've
handled an R8 on a number of occassions and just don't like the feel, and
believe that by today's standards it and the R6.2 are over priced. But, hey,
that's just my opinion and I'm not suggesting that your IQ is low because
you don't have enough smarts to master the complexity of an F100 or F5 -
;-). (That's a JOKE, Jim.)

Let's just get back to photography, and recognize that some folks are
comfortable with one camera system, others are comfortable with another -
and most modern systems - and I include the Rs as one - perform more than
adequately well.

B. D.