Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:26:03 EDT

I would absolutely get a form from the custom folks.  It takes a couple of
minutes to fill it out and could save you lots of money (and hassle) if you
are stopped on the way back in.  You could, alternatively, carry copies of
receipts for your equipment if time is of essence and you cannot get the form
to fill out before your trip.  The receipts would just help prove prior
ownership.  Or, you could just take a chance and carry none of the above, but
it could prove quite costly if your aren't lucky.  Do you feel lucky?

Bennett

(An acquaintance of mine is with the US Customs department and we discussed
this very issue. I chose to fill out the forms.  No problem)

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs)