Subject: [Leica] DR Summicrons
From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:20:07 -0500

The Dual range Summicron was NEVER a macro lens or even close focusing lens.
Without the attachment it focused down to something like 40", with the
attachment it focused to about 28".  The generation of Summicrons after the
Dual Range model all focus down to about 28" or 26" thus there is no reason
to use the dual range.  The DR Summicron was made to be used with the M3,
all Summicrons after the DR work just fine for minimum focusing distance
(parallax and all).

<< Thanks for everybody's advice on using the DR summicron with my M6
 (TTL).  It doesn't sound like it's such a joy to use, and I'm not sure
 I want to buy equipment that I have to machine in order to be able to
 use. >>

Replies: Reply from Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl> (Re: [Leica] DR Summicrons)
Reply from Mike Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] DR Summicrons)