Subject: Re: [Leica] in the dark with the summilux
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:30:47 -0400 (EDT)

It takes a certain level of exposure to cause a minimum amount of
density in the negative. Once that threshold is reached, then
the exposure causes density. The flare helps to get to that
threshold so it takes slightly less image exposure to show up as
density.
When you take your film throught the x-ray machines. The
xray affect is cummulative. Although the affect might be
on the film, it might not record as visual density, until
the film is xrayed enough times to reach the threshold and
cause visible damage. Ed

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Shadow boxing)
Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Shadow boxing)