Subject: Re: [Leica] in the dark with the summilux
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:04:01 -0400

"I've seen black and white photographs where the photographer used an
uncoated lens to gain some fog density..."

I'm confused.  If a lens is flare-prone, isn't the alleged "shadow detail"
actually just scattered light veiling...or "graying out" the darker areas?
I don't understand how any real detail could be registered.  I'm not
arguing...I honestly don't understand.  Can someone explain, please?

Craig
Boston