Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 Bugs Ironed-Out Yet?
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:09:27 +0800

on 7/8/00 6:09 PM, Miro Jurcevic at miroj@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> Why does the R-system have so many problems with the apeture lever inside
> the mount. Is it something inherently difficult about the design.

I believe so: I have heard of another R8 owner who had the same problem with
two R8s. I was also told by my dealer that it was a common problem with all
the Rs. One R8 of mine had a shutter problem too after the aperture
mechanism went kaput (according to Solms but it never manifested itself when
I shot with it) and the shutter was replaced.

I now have an R5 and an R6 as backup to my R8s...(along with 9 Ms).

Rs

Adrian