Subject: Re: [Leica] why buy old stuff? (was "notoriously crappy" lens)
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:21:38 EDT

bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< I find myself asking, why use the
 old stuff, other than to own say, a single body and lens with which to
 "play" once and a while.  >>

That question has been pretty well answered here in recent days.  For you and
no doubt many others, the answer is that there is no reason whatever.  For
others, it is the question itself that makes no sense.
It really is a matter of personal preference, not subject to legitimate
debate.  By the way, does everyone reading this agree to a universally
accepted definition of "serious photography"?  Try settling that issue first.

How about asking who needs to use any form of rangefinder equipment, now that
it has been supplanted by technologically superior infallible autofocus
computers disguised as camera bodies?  Next time you're bored, try that one.
As for me, I think I'll go out and play with my toys awhile.  It's much more
fun.

Joe Sobel