Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 07:17:16 -0400

Carl, commenting on a defective pre-owned 50mm Summicron, wrote:
[ snip ]
I am returning th lens, but I thought this was supposed to be a pretty good
lens -- yes? No? I have a Summicrom 35mm that is so sharp I can  -- and
have --  cut my fingers on the negs!

	--> The 50mm Summicron has been a reference from day one.
	Yours simply needs urgent service attention.
	I keep wondering why people who already own 35mm
	focal length lenses feel any urge to get a 50mm.

	How about considering a 24mm Elmarit-M f/2.8 ASPH,
	definitively a reference and one wonderful focal
	to work with, photo wise. Or a 75mm Summilux
	(To me, 90mm is over-reaching ... ), depending on your
	photo style.

	A J Q

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron)