Subject: [Leica] 50mm Summicron
From: carl cook <clcook@halcyon.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 21:59:53 -0700

Here's one of those are you kidding questions, but here 'tis: I've just
purchases a 50mm f/2 Summicron , #3262733 if that helps, from KEH. It was
rated as EX. I tested the lens with two rolls of film against a test
pattern and against a newspaper w/tripod. In both cases, the negs are soft
from f/2-5.6 and begin to look better at f/8. In fact, f/2 looks downright
out of focus.

I am returning th lens, but I thought this was supposed to be a pretty good
lens -- yes? No? I have a Summicrom 35mm that is so sharp I can  -- and
have --  cut my fingers on the negs!

I am relatively new to Leica and have been building my kit. Oh my these
things are awesome! A real cult almost! Hope you don't have any koolaid!

Carl
clcook@halcyon.com
http://www.halcyon.com/clcook/photowks.htm