Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 20:50:59 -0400

 edward, why be scared poking a summitar?  more than likely it'll be
improved . i'm surprised you havent thought of poking for a downward tilt.
you gain depth of field at no f-stop cost whatsoever! there is no need to
see the schmeimflug effect like you have to with a reflex. you already know
how the unique way summitar will render the foreground: fuzzy infocus.ralph