Subject: Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, or....
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:16:34 EDT

Dunno - no one seems willing to say anything about the lens, good or bad.  I
don't even recall seeing descriptions in Erwin's or Steve Gandy's materials.
By the way, I only recently got on line and read through either body of work.
 I cannot tell you how exciting these discoveries were for me.
I have been doing my own unmeasured informal A-B comparisons of lenses for
about 15 years, just shooting the same subjects with the same slide films and
viewing the results at low and high magnification levels.  I was amazed at
the depth and  extent of Erwin's efforts.  I was also gratified and relieved
to find that he had reached conclusions that did not invalidate my own
decisions as to which of the two lenses stayed and which was sold off.
So much to learn - so little time!

Joe Sobel