Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: GR1 erection(was: Street photography)
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:05:42 +0100

OK the lens is very good, but it is still a P&S thing. It is not under your
control, except that you can turn off the flash _permanently_ by flipping a
switch, not pushing little rubbery knobs to get down to the third level of
some menue, and then have to redo the whole thing every time you turn on
the camera. That's what I like about the GR-1. The switch, and the lens.
But I hate the little rubber button that turns on the camera. And it turns
itself on in your trousers pocket. It must look like a very rapid erection
to the uninformed spectator when the lens starts moving out.  Is this how
Ralph got started on his nudes?  If so, please advise how to proceed.
Anyway, I almost always have room for the M6 with a Summicron in my jacket
pocket. Unobtrousive.

>Yes, I have a GR1--this is my second one, the first had an untimely demise
>at a
>water ride in an amusement park in Belgium. It is a great little "take
>everywhere" camera for those occasions where even a Leica is too much.
>
>Nathan
>
>ralph fuerbringer wrote:
>
>> anyone using the richo 28mmf2.8 asherical lens in ltm or the superative mini
>> gr1 with the same optic for street,nudes, whatever? the gr1 fits in any
>> pocket and looks so toy like the little devil hoodwinks everyone. i mini
>> battery lasted 3 years with at least 100 flash shots along the way,
>> perfectly balanced illumination in a gallery show opening.
>>

>--
>Nathan Wajsman
>Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland
>
>e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch