Subject: [Leica] Re: A new C1 for Cindy?
From: dave <davephoto@postmark.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 05:52:39 +0000

Thanks, Peter.  Interesting to note that you find the C1 better than
the Z2X in terms of contrast.  I always imagined that at the lower end
of the C1's zoom range, the performance of the vario-elmar would be
more or less the same as that in the Z2X.  Something that I have
personally seen is that the same shots taken from my friend's Z2X are
nearly indistinguishable from those taken with the minilux (prints
enlarged to 8x10, Reala in daylight).  This pertains to subjects no
further away than 15m.  When the lighting is a little trickier (i.e.,
more shadows), the minilux handles the shadow contrasts a little
better.  Both, however, are slightly less sharp than my TVS.